|a pretty a day is here and away|

Documenting life's beauty, as seen through the eyes of a lady blessed with everything a girl could dream of, and more: five gorgeous kids, patient and providing husband, an adorable dog, a very cheeky frog, and still time enough to get crafty and creative in the kitchen or with my trusty needles, thread and yarn!
The joys of being Queen of the household! Rejoice, and the world joins in!

Friday, July 25, 2014

My birthday... with my best buddies!


It's me again! And here's the last of my birthday excitement for the next 12 months hehehe... (We're all revved up for Ben and Alfred's birthdays in August though! Perks of a big family... there's ALWAYS a birthday around the corner :D)

(Yup, Ben is all smiles because it's HIS birthday next in line!) 

Here's how today went! I was all dressed up for my dinner date with all my favourite people, and Mimi revealed that she'd already made a reservation with Blue Ginger two weeks ago, juuust to be sure... wow! That's my girl! So off we went for a Peranakan treat!

Buuuuut not before a few OOTD pictures for the family album... Hehehe... 
Here's my little Nicky all dressed up, LOVE his new style! 


And how can we resist a selfie for the road!

Kimmy and I...

There was a little jam along the way, so naturally we started teasing Alfred and saying that at the rate we were going we might as well have driven over the border to Malacca like last year (ooh that was a real treat! If you're interested, I blogged about it here -- click click!)


But don't you worry, we got there soon enough right on time for dinner to be served (Mimi cleverly placed all our orders in advance! All our family favourites, starting with Kueh Pie Tie for appetisers!)

The interior really made for pretty pictures so you know, the three girls seated in front of us kept right on clicking!!! Yes, I felt like a celebrity with three cameras aimed in my direction... hahaha just kidding! :)


Here's a picture of all of us at the table, happy faces all around!

A great evening with top company! Hehehe... 



Here's Mimi being really glad that the restaurant she picked out was getting five stars in my book!



 Here's Alfred, who's just happy that we're all happy (and I bet VERY happy that we didn't propose another five-hour drive to Malaysia this year!!!) Hahahahaha... 


 Big thank you's to Alfred, Benny, Mimi, Kim, Mel and Nick for the wonderful evening!
You all sure make a mom feel like a star!

I'm always all smiles in your company!
(And when you're not making me smile, you're making me laugh! All the hijinks this lot gets up to...)


After dinner we strolled over to the Korean mart to pick up my favourite Makgeolli drinks for supper!


And how could I resist this cute kettle and pot set! In gold! Just like the Korean dramas hahahaha... 
Perrrrfect for my kitchen, and cute souvenirs of today's glee! For all the 24/7's to come, they'll sometimes catch my eye and silently say "Remember that?" And I'll smile and think "Oh yes indeed!"


This gang of seven made such sweet memories today!
It's been such a happy birthday!

I love them all!
Yol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...